SCOPE OF SURVEY-SAILING VESSELS (GRP)
The survey would normally be commissioned for the purpose of carrying out a visual inspection of the following:
1. Hull exterior (Incl. GRP mouldings, coatings, stern-gear, rudder & hangings, Keel(s) through hull fittings, topsides).
2. Hull interior (all accessible GRP mouldings and reinforcements) Sea-cocks & associated pipe-work.
3. Deck and associated structures.
4. Deck hardware and fittings.
5. Ground tackle and warpage.
6. Machinery and associated systems (incl. cooling, exhaust, electrical, starting, fuel, inboard/outboard drive line)
7. Bilge pumps and associated plumbing.
8. Domestic tankage and plumbing.
9. Domestic electrical system (Low voltage).
10. Navigation and pilotage equipment.
11. Spars and standing rigging (up to 2m if stepped).
12. Sails, covers and running rigging.
13. Gas installation.
14. Fire prevention and fighting equipment.
15. Engines will be observed running during the survey (as an additional free service), only if appropriate prior arrangements have been made.
Please note that at the fee quoted, the survey will not include any opening up (other than removal of normally portable hatch-covers), dismantling of components, NDT, (other than hull moisture tests) or running tests (see No.15 above). The vessel should be prepared as per pre-survey advice sheets, prior to the agreed time of arrival of the surveyor. Recommendations will be included in our report and should any further dismantling/inspection be deemed necessary, this will be advised.