Past Yacht Surveys
Kathleen Kilbey MRINA has surveyed many hundreds of yachts since the mid 1980’s and some of the more interesting ones can be found in this section.
Unfortunately photography of our surveys was not a major routine procedure in earlier days of the practice and only some of the more interesting boats are recorded.
Vessels in this section are listed below (click on the links below)
3. “Sinbad of Abersoch” Alan Buchanan 11 tonner owned by KJK from 1984- 1998 (Timber hull) continuous monitoring for Lloyds 100A1 classification
4. “Flica” 12 metre by Camper& Nicholson built for the Fairey aircraft family in 1929 (Composite -Timber on steel frames) overall assessment for restoration finding.
5. “Gay Gazelle” 1960’s Rolls Royce engined power-craft – Built for the very first Cowes Torquay powerboat race in 1961. Pre-purchase survey prior to restoration.
6. “Velsheda” The steel J class yacht, restoration which was beset by many financial difficulties in the early 1990’s but finally found a good home. Pre-purchase survey
7. “Skipjack” Itchen-Ferry class Gaff Cutter c.1900. Pre-purchase survey
8. “Vashti” Alan Buchanan 38ft timber Ocean-Racer, built for Sir Maurice Laing in 1958 Pre-purchase survey
This page is still under construction and is being constantly updated.